Saturday, October 3, 2009

October 4 - 9


Happy October!


I did well a few weeks ago, and then last week fell back into my old habits... random grazing from the fridge, take-out... it wasn't pretty. But I think I'm turning a corner and getting my ducks back into some kind of a row.
Here's the plan:


Sunday

Sausage, beer and cabbage soup -- I love this stuff.

Good bread for dipping


Monday

Pasta with beans and endive: based on a recipe from Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home:

3 cloves garlic

1 onion

olive oil

endive

salt and pepper

1 can tomatoes

1 can cannellini beans

lemon juice

penne pasta

Start cooking the pasta. Saute the onion in the olive oil, then add garlic. Add the endive, season, and cook until it wilts a bit. Add tomatoes and beans, simmer. Add some lemon juice right at the end.
Serve sauce over pasta with grated cheese on top.


Tuesday


Meatloaf, boiled baby potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts. This is the meatloaf I planned to make a few weeks ago -- it didn't happen, so I'll try it now.


Wednesday


Pizza on Naan flatbread: Pizza sauce, then whatever pizza-ish veggies are hanging around: mushrooms, red pepper, sundried tomatoes, some artichokes from the jar in the fridge, maybe some zucchini, and mozzarella on top. If it's nice, I'll cook it with indirect heat on the grill. If it's not nice out, I'll bake it for 10 minutes or so in the oven at about 425 degrees.


Thursday


Fish tacos!

Season up some cod, saute in a pan.

Make tacos with whole wheat tortillas, fish, shredded cabbage (save a bit from the soup on Sunday), salsa, avocado, shredded cheese, etc.

No comments:

Bookmark on Delicious!

How Many Folks Stopped By?