Saturday, October 31, 2009

November 1 - 6

Happy November! Let's eat some trashy tailgating food!

Sunday
The aforementioned tailgate feast:
Ribs (Phil's secret recipe -- I couldn't tell you how to make them if I tried. I think there's pineapple juice involved somewhere, but that's all I know)
Koegel's hot dogs
Other assorted chips, snacks, non-vegetable related items
beer

And then, we try to atone for our gluttony with some fairly healthy stuff:
Monday

Tuesday
Lentil pilaf
sauteed broccoli, red pepper, onion, mushrooms to go on top

Wednesday
Salmon melt (like a tuna melt, but with, you know, salmon) with some lovely sharp cheddar and crunchy multigrain bread
I'm thinking carrot sticks and apple slices with this...

Thursday
Acorn squash with turkey sausage stuffing (see October 11 2009 for recipe details)

And I know it goes without saying, but for dessert all week?
Leftover Halloween candy.
Like the bag of fun-sized Heath bars I hid in the closet so we wouldn't have to hand them out to kids...

1 comment:

rachel said...

you make me giggle! thanks for keeping up to date with your blog. i turn to it for inspiration often!

Bookmark on Delicious!

How Many Folks Stopped By?