Sunday, October 11, 2009

October 11 - 15

So, I bought a bunch of squash a few weeks ago. I get my squash varieties all mixed up, so I just let it sit there, thinking I'd suddenly remember what kind it was and then magically know what to do with it. Well, it didn't happen, but God bless Google, who gave me pictures, labels and recipes, so I could properly identify and cook my little nuggets of joy...

And, I know, acorn squash should be a pretty easy one to recognize, but, well, I'm challenged that way, I guess...

So for dinner tonight, acorn squash! We know what it is!

Sunday
Acorn squash stuffed with sausage: Cut a squash in half, turn face down in a baking dish with an inch of water, cook for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Meanwhile, saute some turkey sausage with casings removed to brown it. I'm thinking there might also be some onion involved here. When the squash is cooked, put brown sugar on the inside, then stuff with the sausage & onion. Bake for 15 minutes more.
We'll have broccoli and lovely sourdough bread with this.

Monday
Pork tenderloin (olive oil, salt, pepper, sear in a pan, then cook in 400 degree oven until done)
Oven-roasted brussels sprouts
Sauteed apples

Tuesday
Tomato soup: I'm not really going to follow a recipe, but I'm thinking saute onion & garlic, add some veggie stock, simmer, add some tomatoes (I canned a bunch and haven't used any yet, so maybe a jar of those), cook, then blend with my handy-dandy stick blender that you can put right into the soup pot.

And either toast or grilled cheese, depending on how things go.

Wednesday
More soup.

Thursday
Grilled halibut, maybe with capers. Sprinkle some lemon juice at the end.
Salad
Baby potatoes

Have a good week!

No comments:

Bookmark on Delicious!

How Many Folks Stopped By?