Monday, August 9, 2010

A tiny little bit of a menu

It is August, after all. So we can't plan too far in advance. But we sat down yesterday and made a 2 day plan, which felt very organized of us.

Sunday night dinner:

Venison burgers (with minced garlic and onion, chile sauce, salt and pepper mixed in) with sauteed mushrooms and onions on top
Corn on the cob (from our garden! First two ears! Woot woot!)
Crazy cole slaw...

I wanted some baby carrots from the garden. Love to saute them, they're so tiny and sweet. But I've been gone for a few weeks, and the carrots have gone mutant on us in that time. So I was pulling some really big carrots, some person-shaped carrots, some zig-zag shaped carrots -- not the sweet little things I could easily saute whole. So we thought on our feet, and shredded the carrots, a zucchini, and half an onion. We got some broccoli from the garden and chopped it really small, then mixed it all together with some mayo, white balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. It was a pretty good cole slaw!

Monday
Salad with sliced red onion, red bell pepper and grilled scallops. I think I'll grill a couple peaches too, but not sure whether I'll put them on the salad or just have them as a side dish.

And yummy bread.

So there's our mini-plan. I like it.

No comments:

Bookmark on Delicious!

How Many Folks Stopped By?