Sunday, August 15, 2010

August 15 - 19

Since I'm sort of heading back to school this week (I plan to go in, drop off some stuff, measure my new area and then leave quickly again) I figured I should sort of head back into dinner routines too. We've found that, lately, planning on the fly means lots of little pizzas made on naan. Lovely, but something that's becoming more of a stand-by and less of a little treat.

Here's what I'm thinking for my sort-of plan:

Sunday
Grilled chicken breasts with barbecue sauce
Salad with sauteed mushrooms and roasted red pepper (I have about half a jar left of my original batch from last summer... The green and purple peppers are all over the farmers' markets right now, so I know the red ones should be here soon. Then I can make some more. Much more. For now, I need to be okay with finishing this last jar.)
Corn on the cob

Monday
Chilled tomato soup (from Simply Organic by Jesse Ziff Cool):
3 lbs ripe, juicy tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
1 c basil leaves
1/4 c olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
salt
pepper
sugar (optional)

Puree veggies and basil until smooth. Strain if you wish for a more refined soup. Add oil, juice, cumin, turmeric. Season w/ salt, pepper, sugar to taste. Chill.

With this, we'll have roasted corn and goat cheese quesadillas. Like a summer version of tomato soup and grilled cheese.

Tuesday
Huevos Rancheros. We'll add some chorizo to the beans.

Thursday
Fenton Farm Market is today. I'll probably just cook some of what I buy there. I'm betting a salad will be involved.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Bookmark on Delicious!

How Many Folks Stopped By?