Monday, September 6, 2010

Dinner... the Back To School edition

School starts this week. Need I say more?

Monday
Trying to stick with the Meatless Monday idea, but knowing that when we come home from up north, pizza is usually on the menu... so I planned ahead a bit, and made sure we had stuff for salad:

Saute half a red onion, a handful of sliced mushrooms, a sliced red pepper and a few green beans in some olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add to a big bowl of lettuces. Dress with balsamic vinegar. Mix. Add shredded Parmesan cheese. Top with a fried egg if you wish.

Some toasted baguette on the side.

Tuesday

I don't cook on the first day of school. So I don't know what we'll eat, but I know I won't be preparing anything. Maybe it will be red wine and dark chocolate.

Wednesday

BLTs: I like mine with mustard instead of mayo. Is that bad?
Fruit salad

Thursday

Burgers
boiled baby potatoes
whatever veggies have ripened in the garden during the last week...

No comments:

Bookmark on Delicious!

How Many Folks Stopped By?