Friday, April 9, 2010

Oh Eek, It's April 9!

As I mentioned to my mother-in-law a few weeks ago, when I'm not posting on here, it's not because I didn't have time to post -- it's because I haven't gotten around to planning what we'll eat. So you can do the math... 3-ish weeks of flying by the seat of our pants, dinner-wise. But I'm back and I'm ready. Haven't planned next week yet, but I thought I should just check in and make sure I still remembered how to log on. And share what we had for dinner last night!

Thursday
Corn and Crab Chowder
This is kind of a make-it-up-as-you-go soup. Here's what I did:

In a big green enameled stockpot, saute:
1 chopped onion
2 chopped celery stalks
1 chopped carrot
3 chopped cloves of garlic
a bit of salt, pepper, thyme and cayenne

When they're cooking nicely, add:
1 can chopped tomatoes, let it simmer
2 cups or so of chicken stock, bring to a boil.


Then add 3 potatoes, diced large, skins left on.

Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or so, until potatoes are done.
Add more stock if you need to. Check the seasoning and adjust.

Add 2 cups frozen corn kernels and heat through.
Add about 2 cups of milk, then one can of lump crab meat.

Stir and heat, then eat.


No comments:

Bookmark on Delicious!

How Many Folks Stopped By?