Monday, July 20, 2009

There's stuff in the garden now!

Just got back from 2 weeks up north, and the garden that was looking just lovely at the end of June has exploded. So now I'm trying to think about using it... while dealing with the fact that there are very few other groceries in the house...

Here's what I came up with for tonight:

Grilled turkey tenderloin (found one in the freezer -- bonus!)
Marinated zucchini (from Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home):
Slice zucchini diagonally, saute in pan with a bit of olive oil, drain on paper towel. Add some garlic to the pan, saute. Put zucchini and garlic in a bowl, sprinkle chopped herb (I'll use basil) over the top, pour vinegar (I'll use balsamic) over everything, sprinkle with salt. Serve at room temperature.
Salad with raspberries (Did I mention I went to pick raspberries today? They're goooooorrrrrgeous!) and feta.

For dessert, I'm trying to make cherry sorbet. I cut a quart of cherries in half to take out the pits and froze them. I boiled a cup of water and dissolved a half cup of sugar in it. I'll chop up the frozen cherries in the food processor, then blend in the sugar water and some lemon juice. Dump it all in the ice cream maker, and see what happens!

No plans yet for the rest of the week. Just taking things one day at a time right now. Can't wait for the tomatoes to ripen!

No comments:

Bookmark on Delicious!

How Many Folks Stopped By?