Saturday, November 1, 2008

November 3 - 9

So I hit the farmer's market on Saturday morning and, as usual, bought way more than we needed for the week.  Just doing my part to support the local economy, I guess (though I use that as an excuse every time I buy something that isn't online).  And now I've got to figure out how to use all the stuff that will probably go bad if I wait too long (the squash can sit, the bok choy, not so much).  And I bought lemongrass, because I'm forever seeing it in recipes.  And now I have to find recipes for it.  And so, our lemongrass-inspired menu for the week:

Sunday, November 2

We're gonna roast something.  Maybe a chicken, maybe lamb chops.  Whatever looks good at the store.  This dinner's all about the side dishes:

Roasted beast
Savory butternut squash:  cube 1 butternut squash, toss in oil, season with salt and pepper.   Place in single layer on jelly-roll pan.  Bake at 500 degrees for 10 minutes or until tender.   Remove from oven, toss with golden raisins, 2 tsp honey, 1/4 tsp curry powder, 1T minced cilantro.
Roasted brussels sprouts:  Cut the big ones in half, toss with olive oil, salt, pepper.  Roast in oven (400 degrees-ish) until edges brown.  Maybe put some garlic in.  


Monday, November 3

Drunken Stir-Fried Beef with Green Beans


Tuesday, November 4
Happy Election Day!



Wednesday, November 5

Leftovers or sandwiches


Thursday, November 6


No comments:

Bookmark on Delicious!

How Many Folks Stopped By?