Sunday, February 8, 2009

February 8 -12

It's sunny and melty out today, and so, even though I know winter will be back, I'm pretending it's early spring.  I want to make salads and light things, but I'll try to ease in...

Sunday
Homemade pizza -- we make the dough (1/2 whole wheat flour and 1/2 white) in the food processor, then top with all sorts of good stuff.  Probably some sweet Italian chicken sausage, mushrooms, artichokes, onion, red pepper...  I have to learn to scale back on toppings.  Top it off with some mozzarella and parmesan cheese, bake for about 25 minutes at 425.

We'll have salad too.

Monday
Colcannon (and we'll add some bacon -- Irish food always needs bacon)
bread

Tuesday
Pasta night!  Probably penne, but who knows?
Saute some mushrooms, tomato, pesto, cannellini beans, add in the pasta, mix it up, sprinkle with parmesan.  Yummy!

Wednesday
Oh you know it...  leftovers.

Thursday
I'm thinking sandwiches...  What about grilled ham and cheese?  I'm thinking about the panini that Mike and Dave had yesterday afternoon at the Book Cadillac lobby bar (while Phil and I munched the homemade potato chips)...  I wasn't hungry then, but it looked sooooo good.  Is it worth it to buy a panini maker?  Probably not, but I'll be thinking about those sandwiches for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh. Too bad we don't live close enough to share a panini maker. Hmmm.
That sandwich was really good. The trick is making healthy paninis rather than ones loaded
with soft gooey melty white cheese and rich meats. sigh.

Karen Allmen said...

I keep thinking about that soft gooey melty white cheese. Even discussed with Phil exactly what kind it might be... We talked about it longer than, perhaps, one should.

Bookmark on Delicious!

How Many Folks Stopped By?